Welcome! This blog has been created to teach about the importance of attention in learning. I hope everyone will find this blog informative. Please feel free to leave a comment!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Importance of Attention

  "If we want to move information from the sensory register into working memory, it appears that, at least in most cases, we must pay attention to it." (Ormrod, 2008, p. 171) The ability to show attention to certain things is vital to our lives, imagine if you never payed attention to your finances? Can you conceive what kind of financial state you and your family would be in?  As a student, it is extremely important to be able to pay attention to your studies. As an online learner, I have encountered problems dividing my attention between my family, work and school. In my next blog I will list several factors that influence attention.

Reference

Ormrod, J. (2008). Human Learning (5th ed.). Pearson: Upper Saddle River, NJ.

1 comment:

  1. Staying focused is key to the success of online education. Like you, sometimes it has been difficult at times. We are a "busy" people and seem to have a lot of distractors. Nice post.
    R. Vincent

    ReplyDelete